Here in San Francisco, we've had an exceptionally hot week - I love it! I've gone swimming for the past 5 days, which is something that I haven't done in a very long time. N's parents are visiting, so they've also enjoyed the great weather.
Yesterday afternoon, to cool off, we went for a drive down the coast. Right around Devil's Slide, we stopped because we saw whales spouting, just off of the shore. There were 2 whales, on their migration south, traveling side-by-side. They could have been either gray whales or humpbacks.
We ended up at my parent's house for dinner with family. But first, a quick trip to the local pool so that Alec could play in the water. He loved it!
Dessert last night was special. The box of cake left over from our wedding contained just the top tier of our wedding cake. It's been frozen for the past 6+ years, so we had a backup plan, just in case it didn't age well. But it did - delicious almond cake with raspberry jam and Italian meringue frosting.
No comments:
Post a Comment